So now you have had your laser treatment (wasn’t so bad was it!) you will need to read the after care advice here or on the leaflet you were given at your consultation.
After the treatment
• In the unlikely event you experience any redness or swelling after your treatment, apply a soothing lotion such as aloe vera or a cool pack at home if required.
• We advise that you do not shave or apply deodorants /perfumes to the treated area for 24/48 hours post treatment.
• We advise that you avoid very hot baths, saunas, hot tubs/jacuzzi, massage treatments or athletic activities for 2-3 days after treatment.
• Your skin may have increased sensitivity to the sun and we recommend that you use a factor 30+ sunscreen and avoid direct sun exposure on the treated area and sunbeds for at least 4 days after your treatment.
• If you experience (rarely) itching in the treated area, avoid scratching the skin. You can take an antihistamine e.g. Piriton to alleviate the irritation.
• We advise not using any skincare that contains AHA, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid or Retinoic Acid (e.g. Retin A) for 3-5 days following treatment.
• We recommend that you always maintain a good skincare routine with frequent hydration or moisturisation on a daily basis.
If you have any concerns or seek further advice please contact the clinic, Katie will be more than happy to help.
See you at your next appointment