First time for laser hair removal and not sure how to prepare? That’s totally fine!
Katie will explain everything at your consultation and will give you a leaflet to take away with you. Here’s a few tips…
Before The Treatment
• The area to be treated must be clean and free from all topical solutions. Please shave the area 2-12 hours prior to treatment. Shaving immediately prior to treatment may cause extra sensitivity to the skin and we advise to allow plenty of time prior to appointment.
• Tanned skin can be treated provided the tan is not active. Therefore, avoid direct sun exposure to the area being treated for at least 3 days prior to treatment. Sensitive or sunburned skin will not be treated.
• Start gently exfoliating your skin 3-4 days before your session
• The use of tanning creams must be discontinued 2 weeks before treatment.
• You must avoid bleaching, plucking or waxing hair for 4 weeks prior to treatment and do not wax, epilate or pluck or remove hair by any other means than shaving during the course of the treatment.
• You must avoid the use of essential oils for 48 hours prior to treatment.
• Do not use depilatory creams 1 week prior to treatment.
• If you have a history of cold sores you may take your usual medication 5 days before and 5 days after treatment.
• If you have been on antibiotics, we ask that you leave 2 weeks between finishing the course and having treatment.
• Try to schedule the treatment the week before of the week after your period
Most importantly, relax, you’re in safe hands.
Hope that helps!