So, you’ve decided that laser hair removal is the best way to be hair-free. Congratulations! Great decision!
Now, I’m telling you that you HAVE to have a consultation and a patch test first! What’s all that about?
Firstly, it doesn’t mean you should be worried. You will be in the hands of an experienced, fully-trained practitioner so laser hair removal treatment is really safe.
Why do you need a laser hair removal consultation?
- It’s about making sure that we understand your skin type, how your skin reacts to the sun, and any medication you use, or health issues you have, so that we can create a safe treatment plan just for you and get the best results possible.
- A consultation and patch test is an industry-recommended safety check – and we’re all about ensuring that we offer the best and safest experience for all our customers.
- It gives you the chance to ask questions, to experience how laser treatment feels and be sure that you are totally comfortable with the whole process. That means that when you do come in for your sessions, it will be super-quick, no fuss and you’ll be getting on with the rest of your day in no time at all.
What will happen when you come for your laser or IPL consultation?
- Firstly, if you’ve never visited us before it’s a chance to see the clinic and meet Katie.. It’s so easy to park right outside on the drive.
- At your consultation we will be listening carefully to you about what you want to achieve, and how you currently remove unwanted hair. We’ll explain all about the laser technology and a few simple do’s and don’ts that will make your future treatments as effective as possible. Ask us any questions about laser hair removal treatments. We just love talking about it!
- We will check your natural colour of your hair and skin, which will have an impact on the laser hair removal treatment plan that we design just for you. Laser energy targets the colour (or pigment) in your hair, so we have to programme the machine settings to get the best results for different skin and hair types.
- We will give you a consultation form to complete. Everything you tell us is completely confidential – We need to know about your medical history and any medications you are taking. There are a handful of health conditions which might mean it’s not the right time for you to have laser hair removal. Safety is always our prime concern, but we also want to make sure that you get the very best results in the quickest time. If there is a reason why laser hair removal won’t work very well, we’ll be honest and tell you. If you visit a laser hair removal salon or clinic that DOESN’T ask you these important health questions, they are NOT doing their job properly and we’d advise you to walk out the door.
- Then finally with a patch test, Katie will shave a small area of skin on the area that you want to treat and then use the laser on it. In the unlikely event that your skin does react, any problems will be minimal because only a small area of skin has been treated. A patch test is also a way for the technician to check if the laser settings need adjusting for future appointments to get the very best results for you.
So, you’ve sailed through the one-to-one laser hair removal consultation and now you can look forward to the treatments that are going to take away the stress and hard work of staying hair-free. We think it’s well worth spending that time to make sure that laser hair removal is right for you, right now, and to help you get the best results.
To book a consultation and patch test for a time to suit you